Seriously... Lymphedema too!!!

Episode LXXXI - Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain


After my summer family vacation where I probably partook in too much sun & fun I began to feel like my armpit was swelling more than normal. I mean I was constantly having to adjust my sports bra because of swelling. I wanted to ignore it because I did not notice any swelling in my arm, but eventually the other side effects became to bothersome.

The numbness and tingling sensation in my hand continued. Besides weakness in my right arm I found an inability to reach properly. I mean holding the cell phone to my head became challenging. It was annoying! So even though I tried to avoid calling the doctor, I finally had too.

Of course the oncologist was like, Lymphedema. I figured that, but I was really hoping not to deal with another issue. I mean really - another issue. Come on!!!

Find out more about Lymphedema - Click Here.

Today was my scheduled appointment with a therapist to help manage swelling and side effects caused by Lymphedema. Since it was a late appointment I had enough time to fit in a fun afternoon with my daughter. It's summer and I am busy - I have fun to do. Darn arm... you won't stop me.

We went to the local botanical gardens, which hosted an Alice in Wonderland theme. We made our way through a rabbit hole, door maze, and even got to be Tweedledee & Tweedledum... guess which one I was going to be!!!


Summertime Girls Day...


Afterwards I made my way to the therapy office and began recalling my memories of physical therapy from my childhood. When I was younger I had multiple knee surgeries which required physical therapy. Yuck! I imagine pulling and exercises and painful hard work. I have horrible memories of it. I was young. It hurt. I really was not looking forward to the appointment. Yuck!

As I sat there thinking "Yuck!" I actually read the sign on the door. What a d'oh moment... Apparently that physical therapy appointment I had was actually for occupational therapy. I have so many medical appointments I don't even know what they are for any more!!! On the positive, it was not physical therapy. Plus, I showed up at the right place at the right time (not always the case, just ask the dentist or the imaging center or the... well you get it).


It's OT not PT?!?!


The appointment consisted of discussing all my symptoms which were common signs of Lymphedema. Then I laid down and she marked spots all up my hand and arm with a marker. Then she measured around the marks on both my right and left arms. Those measurements would help determine the amount of swelling I had. While I thought my arms looked the same size she said that swelling was not always noticeable with the eye. Basically, that unless I had tiny arms I may not be able to tell. And unfortunately, I do not have tiny arms!!!

So, I spent an hour getting my arm measured and having a fun conversation. The therapist was hysterical and we really hit it off. I think I am in for some interesting conversations during my treatments!!!


In my head...


I have to laugh... I mean I barely had any lymph nodes removed and I got Lymphedema. I guess I should be thrilled that more were not taken, as it could be worse. It is kind of funny, come on, if you think about it... it's funny!

Once again, I am thankful for my twisted sense of humor!!!

Next week I actually start OT. Who knows what that will be like?!?! From what I gathered it will be nothing like PT and for that I am extremely grateful. I get to undergo something new... It seems my cancer journey keeps giving me new experiences.


“Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. 
And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.” 
- Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture


Episode Reference: No one is to blame, Howard Jones song


3 comments:

  1. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr OSO cured my lymphedema ,i have been detected with lymphedema since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my lymphedema neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr OSO the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals lymphedema INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348162084839 or email: drosohaberhome@gmail.com i explained everything to him and him prepared a medicine that cure my lymphedema disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr OSO that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : nativehealthclinic@gmail.com. or WHATSAPP +2348162084839 GOD BLESS YOU ALL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day to all, am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr God hands the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-
    Thyroid Cancer
    Uterine cancer
    Fibroid
    Angiopathy
    Ataxia
    Arthritis
    Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
    Brain Tumor
    Fibromyalgia
    Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Bladder cancer
    Brain cancer
    Hiv
    Herpes
    Esophageal cancer
    Gallbladder cancer
    Gestational trophoblastic disease
    Head and neck cancer
    Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer
    Kidney cancer
    Hpv
    Lung cancer
    Melanoma
    Mesothelioma
    Multiple myeloma
    Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
    Oral cancer
    Ovarian cancer
    Sinus cancer
    Hepatitis A,B/C
    Skin cancer
    Soft tissue sarcoma
    Pancreatic Cancer
    Spinal cancer
    Stomach cancer
    Vaginal cancer
    Vulvar cancer
    Testicular cancer
    Tach Diseases
    Leukemia
    Liver cancer
    Throat cancer
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis
    Alzheimer's disease
    Chronic Diarrhea
    Copd
    Parkinson
    Als
    Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    I contacted him based on the testimonies I'm seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you.doctorgodhands@gmail.com and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank to you Dr god hands for your kindly help in my life his Mobile number Whatsapp.+2349057214220.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My chemotherapy treatments...

    I'm going back to share my experience now because the emotional pain and suffering I had from breast cancer has subsided. I still cry when I share my story, but I no longer feel like a victim of cancer.
    In June 2005, I started chemotherapy. My oncologist recommended I start chemo first then have surgery. I had to undergo 8 rounds of chemo, once every two weeks. It was called dose-dense. I was on three rounds of AC, three rounds of Taxotere, then the rest on Taxol. I can still remember it like it was just yesterday. The first round of chemo wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I wasn't that sick. I was thinking I can do this. Chemo was not that bad. Boy, was I wrong. The second round hit me hard. My red blood cells were low so I was given a shot of Procrit. I normally got sick on the third day. I would go in for treatment on a Thursday, get the Procrit shot on Friday (if necessary), and then sick in bed for 3-5 days. My next round, I didn't get the Procrit shot. I still feel sick, but not as sick as the last round. When I got really sick on my next round after getting the Procrit shot, I realized the shot was making me feel worse. So I keep searching for natural herbs then I came across Dr Itua herbal center who cure disease like Herpes,Cancer,Men & Women Infertility,Love Spell,Body Pain,Parkinson,ALS,MS,Diabetes,Hepatitis,COPD Dr Itua was the only solution to my condition so I purchase his herbal medicine and I finished the treatment complete as I was instructed without surgeon I got cured, I asked him what will I do to give my thanks then he ask me to testify about his work so reason for me dropping this on here to help someone out there with health challenge, Thank God! Dr Itua was a lot better.

    **Feel free to send Dr Itua a message through drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com if you have any questions regarding the treatments or for any health challenges.

    ReplyDelete